Race Policies & Frequently Asked Questions
Please don't ask for special treatment. We treat all athletes equally. We would like to continue to offer runners who inform us within 4 weeks of an event that they will not be able to attend a "transfer option," however we will be unable to do so if our policies are not respected.
I cannot run a race I've registered for, what are my options?
If you cannot run an event you registered for you can transfer your race entry over to the next calendar year or to a Bellingham Trail Series Race, provided you give us at least 4 weeks notice prior to the event you cannot run. Your transfer is good for 1 year and just one race transfer.
How to Transfer to Another Event:
- Email the Race Director at least 4 weeks before the event you cannot attend. Email: Racedirector@destinationtrailrun.com
- Keep in mind a transfer to another race is only good to use once, so if you decide not to do a race you transferred into then you will forfeit your transfer entry.
- We cannot add you to an event of your choice until that event opens its registration.
We do not offer refunds on preordered merchandise. You may pick up your merchandise at the race. We do not mail items. Please note this before ordering. If you order one, you take a chance that you will not be present to pick yours up and will thus forfeit it.
I didn't inform you soon enough that I wasn't able to attend an event I signed up for, any other way to get a discounted or free entry?
If you would like to earn free/discounted entry into a BTRS race, you may contact us ahead of time about volunteering or bringing a volunteer to a race. Because we have limited volunteer positions, you will need to set up the volunteering with us ahead of time to get free entry. Email our volunteer coordinator for more information at Volunteer@destinationtrailrun.com
We do allow dogs and want to continue to allow dogs so we do have some rules about bringing your best friend. A few things to note if considering bringing your dog:
- dogs must be on leash at all times on course
- dogs must be on leash at all times at Moran State Park (location of the race)
- we cannot allow dogs in the bunk cabins
- runners with dogs must yield right of way to other participants and trail users as needed
- runners with dogs should not be wearing headphones and must keep their dog under control at all times
- aggressive dogs are not allowed
- If an participant breaks these rules the are subject to disqualification